Wednesday, April 04, 2007

What happened next

I decided soon after I came back to Edinburgh that I would go back to Peru to see how all these kids are getting on.

So I'm now waiting for a taxi to come and take me to the airport in a couple of hours. Everything is packed beautifully (thanks Yuri) and I'm ready for the road. A little aprehensive as things will have moved on since last year but I'm sure I'll meet lots of old friends and make new ones along the way.

I know a little about some of the boys as I've kept in touch. Marco is some where in Lima and living with a sister. I've been advised against trying to visit him as he is in a difficult bit of Lima. Basilio is still in the orphanange and I'm sure to see him again. The two brothers Robin and Ebert are no longer at their orphanage. Robin is with his mum and Ebert is with his dad. I hope to see them when I get to Cusco. Fernando has been around. Last I heard he was back in the police station in Cusco. So might see him there.

Elena is taking a break from Maximo Nivel to open her art gallery. She is an artist of some renown. Heidy is still working there though and I will give me Elena's contact details.

I arrive in Lima Thursday evening and I'm spending two nights there. I will be doing a city tour on Friday with my own personal guide. He can't speak English so should be lots of fun.

Thats all for now. Will post at weekend some time.

1 comment:

The Wicked Messenger said...

Hey Don,

what time zone you in there?
I am on EST, we should talk on phone assuming you have access to a phone.

Speak soon