Sunday, April 29, 2007

"High Hopes"

I meant to say "High Hopes" the Mike Leigh film and not High Times, in my last posting. It's an old film I know but I don't recall seeing it before, and I've still not managed to watch it through to the end, as I keep dosing off to sleep and have to switch of the dvd player in case I fall asleep with it playing.

The only film I've managed to watch through to the end is "Million Dollar Baby" but then its such a brilliant movie I couldn't sleep till I found out what became of her, even though it was not hard to guess. Still lets hope he enjoyed his move to that wee place he fancied.

The man is touched by genius I reckon. I saw my first Clint movie in Hanley, one of "the five towns" for those of you who know your Arnold Bennett, although there are actually six of them, way back in 1966 or 1967. I still remember the people I went with though most of their names are long gone, apart from a Norwegian called Harry Foss, who tought me how to play poker, the daft sod. The film was "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", the best of the dollars movies.

I must go and do my Spanish homework. Am having a quiet day today. Its the pressure. How did Ben a' Chrunaic put it again? How's my spelling doing there?

No comments: