Saturday, October 14, 2006

My Last Night in Cusco

I meant to use this blog to tell some Inca history but its seems as though I have not managed to say much about the place or its history. I will do so when I get back home. I have some photos which I want to post and talk about. So don't go away just yet.

I have really enjoyed my time here. It has been the most incredible experience in every way, both at the PF and Colibri. I maybe said more about the PF but thats because so much happened there.

The best part has been all the kids I've worked with, and their love and affection. I must have spoken and played with hundreds of kids since I came here, and all were memorable. Some very sad, some very funny, some cheerful but all worth my time.

The saddest part was Fernando's disappearance. Needless to say he remains lost. At least to us. Marco's misfortune yesterday comes a close second, but I think he will eventually get back to his father, though how that works out is another matter altogether.

Cusco is a great place to live and I have made lots of new friends here, with whom I will keep in touch.

As this is my last posting in Cusco I want to say a special thank you to Elena who has helped so much and will continue to do so.

The very best bit has been getting to know Basilio, Ever, Fernando, Marco and Robin. who knows some day they may read this. I will try my best to come back to see how they get on.

Thats all for now folks.

No comments: