Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lunch at Jesus mi Luz, with Basilio and 50 others.



Today I visited Basilio at Jesus mi Luz and helped with his homework, though with somewhat less enthusiasm than before, which could be due to the fact that they have a holiday next week from school. He did some drawing in the new drawing book I bought for him. He chose to draw a volcano from the poster of the wonders of the worlds, old and new, (from the Grauniad for those of you still reading it) which I had brought with me from home. After reading the bloody thing for at least 30 or more years I suppose its about time I found a use for it. Mind you I've also been watching "High Times" in bed on a DVD player some nice person lent me. Though always falling asleep before reaching the end, so still don't know what became of them all. Basilio successfully found the right spot for all the stickers, and then did his drawing. He declined my suggestion of Machu Picchu. Basilio is on the left.

We then played outside for a bit a were joined by lots of others. I was invited to stay for lunch with the boys. How could I decline. My first lunch in an orphanage. It was excellent. Three courses of soup, meat dish, probably beef, with potatoes, rice and veg. Juice included. Excellent. The boys had another plate of what looked like nuts but may have been maize. Does maize grow on the cob, a la corn? A very pleasant interlude. The staff their have my highest admiration. I was also treated to the boys' own version of the Lord's Prayer in Spanish, least I assume that's what it was, with all the actions.

Will see him again mext week and hope to have Loic peform sometime.

No comments: