Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hogmanay 2012

So that was 2011. This will be my last post for this year (obviously).

Thank you to all my readers for keeping up.

My blog has been viewed 1,134 times since I went to Peru in October.

Much to my astonishment I have readers from 14 countries. UK, USA, Peru, Russia, Bolivia, India, Philippines, Taiwan, South Korea, Netherlands, Germany, UAE, Sweden and Lativia.

I can guess who is reading me in most countries but some are a mystery. Which is good I guess. But would love to know who everyone is who is taking the trouble to read my ramblings. It's a shame so few of you like to comment on my blog.

Well nevermind, mustn't complain.

2011 has been an eventful year all round. 2012 will be my last full year of working for DWP, which for me is quite incredible, but there you are. Time flies. I plan to retire in March 2013. Unless the UK economy totally collapses of course and I have no money to pay for my travels.

I don't know what I'm going to blog about till I next go away. Any suggestions? I suppose something will come up, though whether or of any interest is another matter entirely.

For those of you who don't know, Hogmanay is what we call the last day of the year, here in Scotland. I'm sure the web will explain why, if anyone wants to know. And it's now 10 pm on Hogmanay in Edinburgh and I'm sitting here writing this guff. Changed days indeed. If its not raining I shall go out and watch the fireworks at 12 pm and then maybe call in for a celebratory noggin before bed. Such excitement........

No comments: