Saturday, December 10, 2011

Donkeys' willies

Yesterday was a very busy day at La Policia, with twelve kids there. And we were blessed with a visit from some missionaries from USA. They told me that they work with some orphanages and seemed to be looking for recruits for said orphanage. Guy told me " we are particularly interested in these three boys".... which seemed a strange way to put it. I pointed out that the boys future was decided by a judge in the court, and due process etc (well didn't quite say due process, but you know what I mean). I guess he has their best interests at heart, but I can't help wondering if their time would not be better spent back in the USA, where I feel convinced there are plenty of the unconverted types to assist on the road to salvation. Still good luck to them.

After they had left I spoke to the three boys in question. They are all shoe shine boys working in La Plaza, and are in touch with other organistions working with street kids. They were a cheeky bunch of boys and very lively. I got them drawing and they found it really hilarious to draw donkeys with big willies. What laughs we had!!! I was wishing the missionaries had seen the donkeys, which were indeed impressive and well drawn. They do have some talent.

I see Man U are back to winning ways at last.... shame about Champions League and Vidic being out for rest of season, but I reckon the boys are good enough for the league again... I will support Arsenal in Champions league, but only for this once mind, this is a big big concession I'm making for you Arsenal fans, especially for you Lewis....and for old man Wenger, I think he deserves it... but the Spaniards are looking good ...

No comments: