Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Higg's Boson

Tomorrow will be my last day in Cusco. I feel I've only just arrived. Do these guys searching for the Higg's Boson thingee know how to slow down time, now that they've managed to go faster than the speed of light? I'm no physicist but maybe if there's one reading this, and I know of at least one, then you could let me know?

Ken, the owner of Maximo paid a surprise visit to La Policia de La Familia today, which was nice. He has lots of plans to try to improve things there for the future. He hopes to send more volunteers, maybe two in the mornings and two in the afternoon. He's also going to spend some money improving the place, e.g. new mattresses, painting, new chairs etc

Don't know if I mentioned about Pedro the boy aged seventeen who was lifted on Saturday for being drunk. He smashed the one and only wash hand basin to bits whilst drunk and has no recollection. He was told that he could not leave until his father paid and replaced the basin. Well you can imagine his delight when Ken told him that he would replace it and arrange for one of his workers to come in to do it.

I'm so pleased that something is being done for the kids there, and even more so that Maximo are doing it. So well done Ken.

Must go now, will try to post once more tomorrow before I leave here.ps why is it called a boson?

No comments: