Saturday, December 03, 2011

Deplorable

Some things happen that really piss me off, and getting pissed off does my pressure no good, but sometimes you just can't help it.

I was at La Policia yesterday morning with Amy who is in charge of the volunteer work here at Maximo Nivel, and a lovely pesron too. She's the Hearts fan, but nothing wrong with that, I say. She had come along to see the project and to work out how else Maximo could help. I think they have decided to start sending food along every morning for the kids breakfast.

I was just introducing her to all the kids and showing her how we spend our time, when in walks this group of primary school age kids accompanied by their teacher and a couple of cops. There were about 20 of them and all dressed up in their immaculate uniforms and crowded into our room which is quite small and dominated by the kids bunk beds etc. In fact not a very nice place at all.

So the teacher begins to tell her kids, that this is where all the bad boys are brought when they have done bad things etc etc. It was like bringing a gang of kids to the zoo. The boys just stared and like us could not believe it. I looked at Amy and could see she was none too chuffed. It took all my willpower to restrain myself from saying something to the idiot teacher.

I'm still angry when I think about it. These kids have been given a seriously poor start in life and to be used like this is quite deplorable. I really felt for my kids. Most of them are either abandoned by their families or ran away from the abuse they suffer. Few of them have ever done anything worse than I'm sure that bloody teacher did in her life.

I better not say anymore about it for now. More posts tomorrow.

No comments: