Friday, November 04, 2011

Villa Maria pics

I've posted some pics from Villa Maria of some of the kids and letters and stuff they have done for me. I hope you can all read the letters a couple of the girls have written for me. I feel quite humble, though not in a Murdoch kind of way, having all this nice stuff written about me. It's not as if I've done so much, but obviously the kids like the fact that I come to see them and keep coming back.

The letters and cards have been written by some of the girls of course. The boys prefer to play footie and have done lots of drawings for me, some of which I might put in my blog. Denham is a bit of a comedian and decided that he would write his best jokes for me, which as you can see are so very funny. Wish you could see him laugh as he writes them. Says he has more to come for me.

It's 9:30 am Friday morning, and I will be heading off to Villa Maria at 12:30. It takes about 30/35 minutes to get out there, and it's an exhilarating ride, especially if the driver thinks he's a bit of a Seb Vettel, which many of them do.

There is trouble in Greece I see, hope you all get it sorted before it all blows up and we all end up working till we drop. Greece is well off compared to some parts of Peru. There are parts of Peru where their daily income is one sol, which is about 20 pence equivalent in UK or about a third of a dollar.

Villa Maria is not quite that poor, but life there is a daily struggle to survive for most people, but they still manage to smile and have a laugh.

No comments: