Saturday, November 05, 2011

Saturday night thoughts in Lima

Sitting in a cafe in Miraflores and it's nearly midnight. It's Saturday night and the streets and cafes and I suppose the bars are really busy. The discos and clubs start up later and some go on till well after breakfast time. Not that I have any personal experience of the pleasures of Lima discos.

Have had a very pleasant day in the Lima sunshine. Blue skies today and very hot. Met a pal had some dinner took a stroll and now having a quiet coffee before going back to my apartment. My life here is just so different. I could not imagine being out in Edinburgh at this hour and sitting in a cafe reading my book and writing this for you all. So hope it's appreciated.

It's amazing what you can get used to. I'm writing this on my lovely iPhone, thank you Mr Jobs, may you rest in peace, and I've just realised how easy it is for me now to type with my thumb. Mind you the new or newish Blogger app does help.

Tomorrow I'm meeting Heber again. Last time we met he brought in his driving licence. I think he must have been upset when I asked him about it. He obviously thought I was somewhat incredulous. Poor wee chap. Tomorrow he is bringing his DNI, which everyone must have here.

There is a big road race on here tomorrow called " We run Lima 10 K". Starts here in Parque Kennedy. Maybe my pal Colin will run it some day. Thought of entering myself but maybe I'm not in peak condition. Enough for now need to read my book.

No comments: