Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Buses and butterflies

Have started taking the bus out to Villa Maria as of this week. It saves me a small fortune and wish I'd done it sooner. But people always keep telling me to be careful etc and just putting me off the idea, as being too dangerous. The only danger is the driver's desire to arrive before he leaves. It's almost as quick as a taxi, maybe ten minutes longer to get there. Of course it's a thrill a minute ride, no-one here thinks to drive nice and slow. Getting to live more like the Peruvians every day.

I've been working more hours past couple weeks. I leave Miraflores at noon and get back about 5:30. Which for me is a long day. But worth it as have a good time with the kids out there. Today was very hot and most of our time was spent outside playing football. Not that I played much, just the odd kick or two just to show willing.

A young boy called Marco was hunting butterflies, of which there are many beautiful ones. Of course I had to stop him tearing the wings off the ones he caught. Then I left him to it. Hoping he took my advice. He quickly got bored with it. 

I've only got a few days left working in Villa Maria. I leave Lima naxt Thursday for Cusco. Will be sad to leave Villa Maria. But the kids have invited me to come to their Xmas party on 19 December, and as I'm back in Lima on the Saturday 17 December I've accepted their invitation. So I'm quite pleased with how that is working out.

My friend Milagros has been impressed with my going to help out at Villa Maria and wants to become involved too, so have introduced her to Flor, via email needless to say. How did we ever manage before emails and internet stuff. I think maybe some of her pals might want to help too. Which is nice.

Will need to post some more photos of Villa Maria so you can all see where we work. It's interesting to say the least. Now must go and eat. Wonder where to go tonight??? Need to have some more ceviche before I leave Lima, but not tonight.

No comments: