Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bad food

For the first time in all my visits to Peru I've had food poisoning and it's not been a pleasant experience to say the least.

I ate in a bar, which shall remain nameless, in Cusco on Sunday night and I was pretty sure they were the culprits. I just wanted something quick and easy while watching some footie. Well it was certainly quick but with utterly devastating consequences. I won't go into the details, so as not to upset folks, but if you've ever suffered it you will know what I mean.

Had to see Dr Grober about it and he gave me the diagnosis, though I was fairly sure what the problem was. He gave me some pills and checked me out. Blood pressure doing well.

Am seeing him again in about half an hour for a quick check up. I've discovered this morning that three teachers from Maximo Nivel ate at the same bar over the weekend and all are down with food poisoning. So there's no doubting the source of my affliction.

No comments: