Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thank you messages

Yesterday was my last day in Villa Maria this time round. It's hard to believe really. I've had a great time with the kids there yet again and working with Flor is always a pleasure.

It was very sad to be leaving, but I will be back in Lima in December for a few days before I fly back to Scotland. The kids have invited me along to their Xmas party on 19th December, so am looking forward to that.

I've given a wee donation so that they can pay for a clown or some kind of show to come in to perform for them at the party. Thanks to Marian too for her donation to the kids of INABIF before I left Edinburgh. It will go towards the party funds too.

The kids wrote me very touching thank you letters. They are always so glad to see me and sad to see me go. One of the boys siad in his message that he wanted to come with me, which came completely out of the blue. All their messages were moving and had me near to tears... well not quite in tears but you know what I mean. It really amazes me because I feel as I'm doing so little there,but obviously they think otherwise.

So tomorrow I'm off to Cusco. It's Wednesday morning and I'm about to head off out to check in at the travel agents. Don't have a printer here so can't do it online. Will maybe post some more later. Will see how time goes. Fast as usual I guess. Got some pics to post too.

2 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

You need to leave more often, Scotland are winning! Off to read rest of posts.

Peace the noo

Keith

neilandelaine said...

Tell them the clown is sorted for the party; Silvio is free and tsking bookings. Failing that, WickedMessenger has a wicked selection of magic tricks and impressions ammong which are his ever popular Teuchter Blogger (did I mean bugger?)