Friday, November 18, 2011

In Cusco again

Arrived in Cusco lunch time yesterday and was immediately hit by the altitude and the heat. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least. I keep thinking that it will be easier every time, but it never is. Still today is Friday and I'm beginning to acclimatize already. It usually takes a few days so by Monday should be ok. I'm sitting in Maximo Nivel cafe writing this post and getting greetings from all the people here I know from previous years.

We have a new director of International Programs called Amy and her best friend lives in Edinburgh and is the sister of Andrew Driver, who plays for Hearts. She's been to visit Edinburgh and few times and goes to Tynecastle to watch the boy play, and is now a fully fledged supporter of the Hearts. Which should please my pal Colin to know his team has a supporter in Cusco.

There's a rock concert on here tonigh, with some group from USA who play classic rock numbers from days of yore. I might just pop along to that if I can find someone to accompany me.

Will post some more photos later if I find the time. Not that I'm busy but still time disappears. Must be some way to slow it down surely. If anyone knows please let me know.

No comments: