Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rambling

I don't seem to have mentioned the footie much this time round. As I write this at about 12 pm Peru time, I'm following the games online with the Guardian, and Stoke have just beaten Blackburn 3-1, which is good news as we were getting a bit worried that our Euro adventure was turning into a bit of a nightmare. So well done boys. And Newcastle have just scored a penalty at Old Trafford. And Celtic have scored five, which should bring some joy to certain households around Scotland and maybe even in Kentucky.

Yesterday and today I've got back to normal and feel fully adjusted to the altitude here in Cusco. It does take a while to get used to things and this time round had to get over my foodie problem as well. So I feel brand new today. And shortly off to eat at Granja Heidi Restaurante which is as good as ever it was. It's my wee food bolt hole, I always know its going to be ok there. I do try other places but always go back.

Started my Spanish classes this week and my teacher is Dante once more. He's very good and patient. An excellent teacher, as are all the teachers I've had here at Maximo. First day there we had an earthquake tremor which fairly shook the old building, which is in Ave El Sol, one of the old streets of Cusco. We looked at each other but just stayed in our places. It's not a good feeling but we laugh it off. Funny! No I don't think so. I don't know where the epicentre was as I don't buy El Comercio in Cusco as it costs more than $1.00 and it's not worth it. They charge an extra sol for the carriage from Lima, a bit like petrol to Stornoway. Also it's a bit to the right, so to speak, but it does have reasonable cultural coverage and all the footie news from around the world. They supported Keiko in the presedential elections as far as I can make out, and are none to keen on Huamala.

I don't remember why I started this posting, hope its not too boring for you all. It's a beautiful hot day in Cusco right now. We might get a bit of rain later, but it never lasts. Question is should I stay home tonight and continue to recover or should  I venture out to catch some music in a bar maybe??? Decisions, decisions.

I see Newcastle have managed a draw, so good luck Liverpool tomorrow, though you won't like doing us any favours.

No comments: