Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A thank you

Today I handed over a donation of $400 to Elim. This was money raised by my colleagues and friends at the Jobcentreplus office in Wester Hailes, Edinburgh.

It came as a very welcome surprise to me when I was told that they were holding a fund raiser.

I want to say thanks to Liz and Karen for organising it all, and to all my colleagues in the Jobcentre who helped and contributed. I can assure you that the money is badly needed and hugely welcomed. It will be put to good use here. A new home is currently being built for the boys with funds from some foundation in the USA, but there is not enough to finish it off, so all help is welcome.

Jeremy has sent an email to Liz and Karen, in his best English, to thank them, so I hope they got that. And don´t worry Karen an official receipt will be with you if and when I get back.

Thanks again folks, and nor forgetting to thank my pals in The Pension Service for their contributions.

2 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

Hey Don.

I have Google alerts setup for "Maciver" so as soon as your latest post goes on I get a nod from the good people at Google.

I see it signs my name as WickedMessenger, may change that.

Adebayour is a plank but I can't help thinking I would probably do the same thing.

Sounds like you are having a good time again, love the gold min story.

Love

Keith

neilandelaine said...

Hi

Just to let you know that I have been following the blog but couldn’t log on to leave a comment. I think Google don’t like me being away from bonnie Scotland. Glad things are going well in Cusco. Kids in Peru are obviously more adventurous than we used to be! Mind you we didn’t have gold mines in Eileen ‘n fhroaich. (excuse spelling)

We’re having a great time in Budapest checking out all the cold war warriors; there’s a sense of history about the place and they seem to honour the heroes of 1956.

With road works all over the place it’s a bit like Edinburgh minus the wankers and bankers. There’s a purpose to the works that’s missing in Edinburgh. Going for a sail along the Danube tomorrow.

No news obviously so off to finish another bottle of excellent Hungarian wine.

Neil and Elaine