Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Scorchio

Scorchio en Cusco hoy!

I met a couple of South African women last night who reckon I look a lot like Michael Caine, would you believe. Well yes I would of course. They wanted my advice on best places to go in Cusco and what they should see and do in Peru. Nobody ever asks me for tourist advice in Edinburgh.

I was told this morning over breakfast by an Aussie woman that I spoke like Michael Parkinson, which I found a bit odd. I don't think so dear.

I've moved out of my apartment as I discovered it had no hot water. Am back staying in Hotel Christina for five nights until Saturday. The owner has given me a special price of $25.00 and I will move into my new apartment on Saturday. Same one as I had last year.

I start my Spanish classes at 2 pm today and will start at Elim tomorrow morning. I need a couple of days to adjust to the altitude. So far no problems, but have been taking it nice and slow.

I have met two of the boys I worked with at La Policia de la Familia in the street. They both recognised me and called me from across the street. It's kind of strange hearing your name being called in the middle of Plaza de Armas in Cusco, but its a nice feeling when these boys remember. A teacher once told me I should not use that word, but what the hell this is 2009 after all and things have to move on. Fernando (not the fernando), is in a place called Qosqo Maki, which looks after older boys and helps them with a bit of education, accommodation and finding work. Maximo Nivel send volunterrs there too. He seems happy and cared for. I've still not seen Heber or Robin, but its early days.

No comments: