Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back where we started from

Here we go again. Today I was back at La Policia de la Familia and sad to say it hasn´t changed much. Kids sitting around in one room with nothing to do but watch tele. I´m hoping I caught them on an a bad day and that things are better on other days. But it seems unlikely. There are fifteen children there just now.

I was there to visit Junior and his pal. They got into a spot of bother at Elim and have ended up here. I´m hoping they will both be back by Saturday.

I´m very disappointed really, especially for Junior as I had just taken him to Maximo Nivel on Tuesday to sign up for his English classes. I´ve done a lot of work with him on his English and he will do well if he attends his classes. He picks it up very quickly, a lot more quickly than my Spanish. A remarkably talented boy.

He was playing guitar for me the other day and seeing if I recognised the songs. He played some Coldplay which I failed to spot, and then played Oasis` Wonder Wall, which I did recognise. I guess its instantly spotable, so to speak. Shame the boys are Man City, but I´m sure they will be pleased to read this and see that they are making a difference here in Cusco.

The point about this is that Keiran played lots of Oasis for me way back ten or twelve years ago. I rememeber well taking him to lots of Craigroyston concerts where he played these same songs. I couldn´t help but think back to those days and the many similarities between them, both so talented. Let´s hope not all is wasted. Still time for both to shine.

I´m rambling here, some one just came to chat and Keith also spoke on MSN. Have a great weekend in Pentwater K and regards to all up in the North Country.

The boys were both very apologetic today and very worried that they won´t get back to Elim. Will keep you posted on developments. Fingers crossed please that all ends well.

While I was there I went out to buy them some food, fruit and bread. The shopkeeper still remembers me, and was very pleased to see me. He didn´t expect to see me back. Nice.

I left Junior with some English home work to do. Should keep him busy for a couple of hours. He´s also promised to write me a letter in Spanish.

No comments: