Saturday, September 26, 2009

Roast Beef on a Saturday

I´m leaving Cusco tomorrow and I feel very sad. I´ve had no altitude problems this year and my pressure is spot on. I don´t understand how it can change from year to year. I thought because I was that bit older it would get harder for me, but quite the reverse. If I had know would have spent another few weeks here, but I guess there´s always next year; and also I´m looking forward to meeting the folk in Lima next week. And my luxury flat there!

Junior and his pal got back to Elim last night. He wrote a letter to Nilda asking if he could be allowed home on Saturday to play for me on my last day, and he would go back to La Comisaria after that. Bless the boy. Anyway as it turns out no need for him to go back and he´s promised best behaviour from now on.

I was there this morning and am about to go back at four for my last visit. I took along an Oasis and a Coldplay cd this am. Copies in the market are next to nowt here. Junior and Peter were practicing there Wonderwall, and Yellow and stuff. Apparently they need a capo to do justice to Wonderwall.

I´ve had a brilliant time with the boys in Elim. I will miss each and everyone of them. I´ve got to know them all so well. Everyone of them is a wee gem. I´m glad they have found Elim and are no longer living as street kids. When I hear their stories it amazes me that they have survived this far and are still so friendly and playful.

They have made me very happy for a few weeks and I would like to think that they feel the same about me.

And then there´s Man U playing Stoke!!! and Wigan beat Chelsea, whats to cry about. Happy days indeed.

Went back to my favourite restaurant today, Granja Heidi, nice roast beef.

No comments: