Sunday, September 20, 2009

El concierto

The Elim concert took place on Friday and we all went along, including all the kids and workers.

The girls performed a few dances, which were very well done. Brad you should be here to coach them! You would have loved it, though maybe not the lack of competition.

The boys have a wee band and they played a few numbers for us, starting off with guess what? If you can't just think S & G, who stole it. I wonder if they give back any of their huge earnings to the people here from whom it came? The Elim boys played four numbers and were magnificent. The crowd called out for more - mostly their pals but what the hell. I had a wee tear in my eye to be quite honest. I have known some of these boys for a long time and know where they have had to come from. Their achievement is magnificent. I have a video for those of you who like that kind of thing.

Junior played the zampona throughout, there should be a wee thingee above the "n" for those of you that way inclined.. Thats an andean pan flute or pipes. As far as I am lead to understand its a traditional instrument from these parts. Junior makes his own, though I don't think it was his own he as playing on Friday.

There was a grown ups band on after the boys and Junior and Kevin got to play with them. I spoke to Junior after the concert to tell him how well he had played, to which he replied estaba para ti donald, it was for you. Nice.

No comments: