Saturday, November 20, 2010

Walls of Redwing

There I was sitting in this cafe in downtown Miraflores when this girl got talking to me, so being polite and well brought up I put my book and iphone away and indulged her, so to speak.

Turns out she comes from Minnesota and went to university there, which as most of you will know is where Bob Dylan failed to get a degree and dropped out of after his first year to take up some kind of singing thing he got into.

My new friend was called Alison, and not only did she go to Minnesota University, but she was born in a place called Redwing and went to same school as Bob, though I'm not sure if this was in Duluth or Hibbing.

She says there is not much to Redwing but that there is a jail there for young criminals or naughty boys. I knew the song of course, but I never realised such a place as Redwing exists, always thought it was another of his inventions. So there you are, every day here brings new revelations. I keep getting closer to Bobby, one of these days we shall meet. Closed I've been is when he walked past us on Stirling Castle esplanande, or am I imagining that? Maybe someone remembers, my memory is crap.

So spent a pleasant evening with Alison. She was just back from Santiago, Chile and catching her flight back to USA. She had come by bus from Santiago to Lima, which I think is a two day trip. Too much for me, anyway.

So that's MU just won their game, my washing is in the dryer, so think I will head out into the sunshine. And Stoke beat West Brom 3-0. Nice one boys.

No comments: