Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Heber photos

I've uploaded some photos of Heber. He sure has grown up, but still just a wee boy really. I spend every Sunday with him. He comes in from Villa Maria to Miraflores to see me faithfully at 10 am every week and goes off home at 5 pm. I really enjoy my days with him. He doesn't want me to leave.

He came in to see me one day in his working gear. The restaurant where he works provides a uniform, hence the suit. He works very hard and is always tired. He goes home on Sundays after being with me to wash his clothes. Have asked him to bring them in so I can wash them for him, but he hasn't so far anyway.

Still its better to be tired with work, than being on the streets. He's come a long way since I first met him and that's for sure. I'm proud of him, but he's still a worry. Life here is so precarious for him and can change overnight.

1 comment:

Atreyu said...

Hi Don,

Is Luisa, you´ve heard about me throught Anne Douglas.

She told me about your blog and I´m following. I am quite touched by your articles.

I am looking at volunteering. I am in touch with Casa Alianza, they work with street children as well.

I am curious, what charity are you working for?

Anna told me you are coming to Edimburgh soon. I would love to have a cup of thea together with you guys.

Take care! Luisa