Saturday, November 20, 2010

Returns

Yesterday was Antuan's last day at San Antonio. He's been here four months now. His uncle arrived from UK to take him back home to live with his gran until his mum comes home. Uncle is just a young guy himself. Embassy are looking after things and the two of them will fly back to UK early next week. They were going to visit his mum in prison yesterday. Poor soul.

I will miss the wee fellow, but it was good to see him re-united with family. He was grinning all over his face, but still not saying anything in English. His uncle has my number should they get bored over the weekend, so may well hear from them again.

In all the excitement of him leaving, the embassy person didn't ask me about the ball tonight so didn't have to tell any porkies. Would have gone had I some suitable clothes and been up on my Scottish dancing styles. Anne thinks I should still remember my lesson's in Nicolson Institute hall, but thankfully that is a memory that is truly lost on me.

It's Saturday morning here. Now doing my washing before I go out. Was up in time to see end of Arsenal v Spurs game, so won't say anything about that for fear of losing one or three readers. Man U v Wigan is on now and MU are one up. Time diference is five hours, it's 11.10 here, so will watch end of gemme.

No comments: