Thursday, November 11, 2010

Caledonian Balls

There's a wee English boy in San Antonio orphanage. He's there because his mum got lifted at the airport and he has nowhere to go and no-one will pay for him to go back to UK. He's a lovely wee chap, so try to speak to him everday, but he will not speak in English at all, and is picking up Spanish along the way. He goes to a nursery type school in San Antonio every day, so will quickly pick up some Spanish.

I spoke to a lady from the embassy who comes to visit him. She told me about his plight. Lets hope they find a way to help him back to UK soon.

So I've now been invited to the Caledonian Ball in Lima on 20th November. All formal dress, haggis and strip the willow. They have even put on Scottish dancing classes here in Miraflores in preparation for it. My dancing days are well behind me, if they ever arrived. So I won't be going. I don't have a kilt or formal dress of any kind.

I need a better excuse for not going than that though. Any suggestions are welcome.

1 comment:

neilandelaine said...

give them a chorus of "caledonia's been everything I ever had" and you'll not have to dance.

No need to tell them that dancing's a sin so a think a diversionary approach as above would do the trick.