Friday, December 03, 2010

Juegos Mecánicos

We took loads of kids from Villa Maria, San Juan and La Victoria to the shows yesterday. Edinburgh kids call them shows, don't know about the rest of Scotland, but the fairground to the rest of the world. Or maybe everyone uses the shows? Anyway here in Lima we call them juegos mecánicos.

All the usual rides, big wheel, dodgems, scary stuff etc. In fact it reminded me of many trips to various shows with June and all the Craigmillar kids. The Peruanos behave better though.

The boys tell me "eres peruano ahora" "no te vayas", you're Peruvian now, don't go away. It's nice to feel so wanted. In fact it's briliant. Love these kids to bits. Wish I could stay. Will need to ask Gavin?

Two of the girls insisted I had to go on a ride with them, so we found a nice gentle ride which wouldn't put to much strain on the not so young bones and my plastic bits. Will post a photo.

Tonight I'm entertaining and I'm about to be fed lomo saltado. Mmm nice. Have I told you about sopa a la criolla? Must do some time soon. Delicious. Don't know how they get away with calling it sopa, it's a meal in itself. Has a fried egg floating on top. I think I'm repeating myself. Stop me if you heard this one before. Will post a pic of it, if I remember to take my camera next time I go to Haiti.

Didn't go to work today. Needed a rest. Spent afternoon resting a listening to Mr Dylan. Was missing him. He gives one a spiritual boost, does he not?

No comments: