Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Taximan sacked & Celtic supporter is found in Lima

I couldn't stand being in the same car as my right wing taximan any longer. See posts in May for more on this. But mainly he is a Keiko supporter, and that's enough for me. I was not expecting to see him again but I used him once on my arrival, mainly because he knew I was here because my airport taximan knows him and told him I was in Lima again. I haven't called him since. I don't have to put up with his grunting anymore, which is a relief.

I have two new taximen I use now. One called Edwin takes me to San Antonio twice a week. He helps with with my Spanish and explains the intricacies of Peru's presidential elections to me.

My other taximan is called Jorge. He has a daughter who is an actress and he has promised to drop off a couple of tickets at my apartment for her latest production so that I can go in January and maybe even meet her. Which is nice!!!

He has a son who is a jazz guitarist and is playing with a jazz orchestra on a Mediteranean (spell check) cruise ship right now even as we speak. Nice. Soon to tour in Brazil. He travels all over the world and may even have been to Leith. His dad will pass on my email just in case he ever comes back to snowy Scotland. In Lima one meets all sorts. How long would I need to use Edinburgh taxis for such enlightment.

The security man on duty at INABIF in Villa Maria got chatting to me a few weeks back. He doesn't speak English of course, but I thought I heard him asking me about Glasgow and realised he was going on about the famous Glasgow Celtic. Would you adam and eve it??? I know there are one or two of my faithful followers who are fond of Celtic bhoys so I'm sure you will be pleased to hear that there is at least one supporter in Villa Maria del Triunfo!!! Every time he sees me now he says Glasgow Celtic. It's quite touching. I haven't told him about Man U. Speaking of which, lets hope we see off Chelsea at the weekend. Don't know where or whether I will see the game.

Hope you like my pics. I think the ones of the boys at the fairground is quite exceptional. They have just seen the big wheel start up as they wait there turn to get into the fairground.

1 comment:

neilandelaine said...

hi, Tell yer man he can have my season ticket!! Ask him for some latino curses we can use against the opposition or failing that some new fierce sweary words to scream at wee Lennon.

Liked the photos; kids are having a great time and it must be good to feel appreciated.

Maybe the right wing taximan heard about Edinburgh taxi drivers so he was trying to make you feel at home. I think David Hume caught the last enlightened taxi in Edinburgh.

No news here; we escaped the next weather disaster that was forecast for today but it's pretty cold ( a cosy minus 2 just now). Some thaw this week but brrrrr

cheers

Niall beag