Friday, December 10, 2010

San Juan

As is probably obvious the title of last post from my iphone wasn't quite complete when I somehow managed to post it so will leave it like that and you can guess what it's meant to say. Prizes for correct answers of course.

Spent yesterday with kids at San Juan. There's a library upstairs from our centre so we were able to go there for a couple of hours. They were busy doing drawings for me. There was no-one else in the library other than the librarian, who was really nice, just told them to keep it quiet a couple of times. They're a good bunch of kids, all boys yesterday except for one girl.

We bought some coco cola and cakes when we were walking round the market collecting the boys, so we had a wee party and played some games before we went to the library.

My new tables and chairs are in place and looking good. The boys were really pleased with them. One day maybe my name will be in lights in San Juan. Or maybe the boys will build a statue for me. Will post a photo on here so all can see my tables. There are three of them and some chairs, I forget how many, or just didn't count them. Anyway there are enough to go round.

Taking the San Juan kids to the movies next Wednesday. I think we are going to see the new Narnia movie. There will be about 16 of them going. They are very excited. It's a privilege to take them. They give me so much love and affection it's the least I can do. I will miss these boys and I know they will miss me. They want me to stay. Wednesday will be my last day with them, though I hope to manage one day there in January.

No comments: