Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Xmas

I can't quite believe that I'm spending Xmas in Peru, and not in sunny Edinburgh. It's a funny old world right enough.

As I've been away for past month or two I may not have sent you all the usual charity card so this posting is by way of a Xmas greeting from Cusco. So Merry Xmas to all of you, hope you all have a great time and the snow goes away for you.

I've now been a week in Cusco and have been back to work in La Policia and visited Elim.

Today in La Policia two boys were brought in and just left by these two women. They thought I was working there and proceeded to tell me why these two had to be dropped off for Xmas. They're orphans and no one can care for them anymore. Sad.

Later a wee baby boy was brought in by the police,he was found abandoned in the street. No one knows who he is. He's beautiful. Think I will take himn back to Edinburgh.

I will work in La Policia de la Familia on Xmas day and Boxing Day, and then go to Elim in afternoon. Have am invitsation to a friends house for xmas dinner, they will have turkey...

Very busy here,not got much time to write my blog or post pics. Hope to have more time next week.

Best wishes to you all for Xmas. I will pass on your love to all the kids of Cusco who need it so much.

1 comment:

neilandelaine said...

Nollaig chridheil agus bliadhna mhath ur. ( you can stick the accent on the "u" for me)

Niall agus an teaghlach