Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mandela's Bar, Saturday Night

Saturday night I went to Mandela's Bar for the last time, at least this time round. The band were on tremendous form. I reckon they knew it was my last night so they rocked the joint one more time just for me. At least that's what I like to imagine. They are a seven piece band in quite a small room, playing various instruments, some of which I have never seen the like, and they all sing. Just brilliant.



I've put some pics in this posting from the bar, but I can't put any on of the band as they are still in my camera and every time I try to download from my camera it messes up my memory card. The nice man in the camera shop I use told me that this is a common problem with XD cards. The ten commandments is worth enlarging to check out how much more sensible they are than thou shalt not kill , or the one about graven images and no other gods etc. The latter is certainly ignored in these parts. Give me some Calvinistic austerity please, I've seen too many virgins for my own good and as for the images of Christ bleeding away up there and down there in his grave, well its all too much for a simple man like me.

Tonight I'm off to see my bluesmen for the last time. Hope he does his Dylan number for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh No!

Pleeeeease don't get into Bob Marley.