Thursday, May 24, 2007

A farewell party

I leave here tomorrow morning and have just said all my goodbyes to everyone at Maximo Nivel. Its been such a hectic few weeks and I've met so many people, and have so much to think about. Tonight the staff here gave me a gift of a beautiful bound notebook with lots of messages written for me. I had to stop reading them as I was going to cry. Will read on plane tomorrow.

Yesterday was my last day at La Policia and the other volunteers who work there organised a party for me. Its was most unexpected. The children all did drawings for me. More drawings. So many I will have to pay extra for my baggage. The literate ones wrote me really kind messages, which say lots of nice things. I will post some of them when I get back and have more time. One boy told me that Peru waits for me with open arms. Lots more.

I saw Fernando in the street and I watched him from across the road as he did some gentle shop lifting. He is ace at it. He came to MN and borrowed one sole off Heidi. We think the police have just let him out to get rid of him. He says he goes back but I reckon he is back on the streets. Certainly not been seen at La Policia for last few days.

Robin and Eber were here with me today. They will miss me lots and me them. Maybe I will come back and open that restaurant Eber wants.

Must go now. PS the kids made me dance. I survived. My blood pressure must have been sky high.

No comments: