Saturday, October 14, 2006

Basilio goes backwards

I took Basilio out on Thursday and he was not a happy boy as he was going back to live with his father next day. I was invited to go with him and Gabriella from the PF to take him home on Friday. His father lives in a place called Urcos which is about an hour in a taxi from Cusco.

We left Cusco at 6 am, in a taxi which was full to overflowing. It was an estate car, with 3 people in the boot part, 3 adults and me with Basilio on my knee in the back seat and 1 passenger in the front. Of course the driver thought he was racing in Schumacher. It was hair raising to say the least.

When we got to Urcos it was very early and we had to wait for the court house to open to report Basilio's return. So we went for breakfast.

When we got to the court they told us that they could not take Basilio back in their jurisdiction as they had no paper work. So we could not take him to his father's and the orphanage would not have him back either without the paperwork. He is now back in La Polcia de la Familia.

This is not quite what I had hoped for him. It would have been difficult leaving him behind anyway but leaving him in the PF is very distressing. I will visit him there once more tonight before I leave.

All for now as have Ever and Robin with me on 2 computers and we are off to make a video. More later.

No comments: