Sunday, October 08, 2006

Jesus mi Luz

Elena managed to find out where Basilio and Marco have been moved to. They are in an orphanage called Jesus mi Luz. I visited them there on Thursday. Was not too sure what sort of reception I would get from them, but need not have worried. They both came running along the corridor shouting my name. Basilio, who is 8 got there first and was all over me. Marco was not far behind but a bit more reserves thougfh not much. Also a bit jealous I think as he wants me all to himself.

I stayed with them for about an hour and they gave me a tour of the place. We met four other boys from La Policia de la Familia who have now been moved here, Abel, Miguel, Juan Carlos and another boy whose name I forget. It was great to see them all as I did wonder what had become of them. They were all demanding my attention and time, and asking me to take them out. Its a bit difficult as I cant spend time with all of them, and I dont want them to think that I favour some over others. It was just so difficult as we had not realised that all these boys were now at Jesus mi Luz. Nice name that dont you think. The question mark on this machine is no longer in the same place. We had an upgrade to XP Pro, SP2 last night so things must have changed somehow. Neither do I know how to put accents on Spanish words, as Jesus should have one on the u.

Basilio insisted that I come back to see him on Friday night, and as its not far and I wasnt at Colibri I agreed. When I was let in the gate on Friday, there was a gang of the ex PF boys standing on the steps to their playroom, who began chanting very loudly, DONALD, DONALD, quickly to be joined by the rest of the boys. It was a bit embarrasing as there were a few workers and volunteers around who must have wondered what the hell was going on. But stll I have to admit it gave me a bit of a thrill. Better than scoring the winner for Sir Alex in the cup final against Arsenal. One of many highlights of my trip here.

I took Basilio out to buy some clothes yesterday and we went to a cafe called Maos, which has lots of play things for kids. He enjoyed the outing. Im taking Marco out today, but will have to go somewhere different and more suitable for a 13 year old.

Thats it for now.

No comments: