Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Heber y Robin

Those of you who have been paying attention will remember Heber and Robin. They are the two brothers I first I worked with in La Policia in Cusco in my first year there.

Heber has always kept in touch over the years and spent time with me in Cusco whenever I've been there.

This year however I've not met him, and I'm really disapointed. He's called me a few times and we've spoken but not met.

I've heard reports about them and what I've heard is not exactly good news. I'm not particularly surprised about Robin but I had hopes that Heber would be different. He's no longer working in the restaurant where he was last year. From what I've heard they are working the streets, so to speak.

Heber denies even being in Cusco, which he reckons is why he couldn't meet me. He claims to be living with his sister in Lima. In Villa Maria del Triunfo in fact, where I work in INABIF.

Needless to say he was surprised to hear that I knew Villa Maria. I've no doubt that his sister lives there, but I have my doubts about him being there. We will see.

Since I've been back in Lima he's called a couple of times; well he calls my celular and I call him back. He says he wants to meet me in Villa Maria and will come to INABIF to see me. I would really like to meet him but I have serious doubts as to his veracity. I suspect he wants to meet me but is worried about how I might react to his latest situation. His brother could also have something to do with it.

I've no explanation for all his calls if he doesn't want to meet. Will wait and see what transpires.

I have a cold today so not going to INABIF. Think its the change of climate from Cusco. Need to rest today. Well at least, not go to INABIF.

Just heard the news about the shootings in England. Terrible. Safer in Lima.

2 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

"Those of you that have been paying attention"

There was never any mention of having to pay attention before, what's that all about?

Donald Maciver said...

Yup, must have been wearing my teacher's hat that day. However message was for the other reader, I know you always there for me K.

Sven has lost Drogba I see, so one of my teams playing without their best player..... not to mention ferdinand...