Thursday, June 17, 2010

Farewell to thee Villa Maria

Today was my last day working at Villa Maria and I know I'm going to miss these kids as well as Flor and Pedro.

We had a little party at the centre. I bought a couple of chocalate cakes and lemonade, and Flor brought along some sweeties. It was a swell party indeed.

Flor made a speech of course and told the kids I'd be back soon, and how much they all are going to miss me. I felt I had to say a few words in my lovely Spanish, especially after Flor left me with no option.

Didn't say much except to thank them for being so welcoming and kind, and how much I'm going to miss them, and promised to be back if I can save enough for my fare. It was enough to merit a round of applause apparently, which is first time I've been applauded for a speech in Spanish. Suppose there's a first time for everything, and of course its never too late to try something new. I can recommend it.

I think it may have been my best farewll party of all time. The kids were so friendly and kind. I was very pleased to have been with them even for the wee while I was here.

Finally one of the older girls, Gina,who actually comes along to help out, sang a song for me. Quite frankly I was close to tears and then she gave me a big kiss and told me she loves me. So a nice way to end my time in Villa Maria.

Some photos to follow and for those of you who have Facebook, there will be more tonight or maybe tomorrow.

No comments: