Thursday, April 29, 2010

See saws

When we finish homework and eating we wonder off to the play park. They can play football or try the swings and see saw and other stuff. Why is it called a see saw and not a hee haw or whatever. I seem to recall its in a nursery rhyme and probably has roots somewhere but who knows. And will Peruvian kids understand? No, I don't think so.

I get very nervous when they are on these swings and things in case they do damage to themselves or others. Then I remember that these kids spend their time on the streets in a very dangerous bit of the world and many of them work there too. So this is probably the safest thing they do a lot of the time. Pretty stupid to worry but still its hard not to. I'm always glad when they get tired of using the equipment and play footie or netball, minus the net of course. They do have a basketball and a thingee for aiming at. What's that called now?

When we walk to and from the park the girls all want to hold my hand, and run to be first, so I end up with a few of them hanging on. What the locals think goodness knows. The boys then want to do the same.

I'm knackered by the time my taximan comes for me. And thats another story btw.

This is Thursday morning and I'm not working today, as it's my last day in Lima this time round. Which is why I have more time for my blog. Hope you all paying attention now. Tomorrow I'm off to Cusco. How do I cope?

No comments: