Monday, April 26, 2010

SATURDAY OUTING

Saturday was fun filled, once I got over losing my camera. I've had that Fuji for a good few years now, well should I say did have. It's been to Peru with me a few times and been everywhere I've been so it's been around a bit. Still I have all the pics I took to remind me of it. And now a nice Peruvian person has it, so I suppose that's fair enough.

So without the camera I have no nice photos to put on here of our trip to Parque de las Leyendas. One of the other volunteers who was helping out took some photos and she has promised to send me some.

There were 26 kids and six student volunteers from a local all female university who are doing some social science course and who help out at INABIF. Plus myself and two workers, Flor and Pedro. We split the kids into small groups and we each supervised 6 kids or thereabouts. I was looking after 6 boys aged about 7 to 12, along with one of the volunteers called Elisabet. The kids were great and all behaved impeccably, apart from one or two minor misdeeds. Flor was expertly in charge. We were not going to lose anybody thats for sure, she had us all under control.

I met lots of new kids on Saturday, as some of the usual ones couldn't make it: work and family commitments etc, even at their age.

We had to go by public transport, which meant two buses, and that was real fun, packed and with a very low roof. I took the first seat that became available, and that took some 20 minutes or more.

At the end of the day I took a taxi back to Miraflores as it made no sense to go back to Villa Maria and then back into Lima. I was swamped by girls wanting kisses and hugs and had to struggle into the taxi. Thought I wasn't going to make it for a bit.

I think we can say a good time was had by all. Thanks to my pals from conversation group at Marians' and to Neville for contributing. Cheers folks. Kids all love you.

No comments: