Friday, October 23, 2009

Working in Lima

Its been a bit hectic here in Lima for past few weeks and now I'm about to leave so maybe I should update this little blog of mine. I'm just about to go out but have a few minutes while I await.

Life in Lima is very different to Cusco. To say the least its more adrenalin creative. Some places I go to the taximen say is too dangerous for them.

I've been working with INABIF which is a government department here in Peru. I would put a link on here but its all in Spanish. So now I'm a civil servant here in Peru too. Doubly blessed.

Lidia from Hogar de Cristo introduced me to INABIF as there was not much for me to do in the Hogar as all the kids are at school until mid afternoon.

INABIF have a number of centres where they work with street kids. The first one I worked in was near the centre of Lima and in an area considered to be too dangerous for me to venture out of the centre. I spent my time teaching couple of boys English and playing games with them. But they often didn't turn up. I helped feed younger kids at lunch time, but decided to move on.

Gotta go now, being called away, more later.

No comments: