Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Playing footie in Lima

I went to visit the boys in the orphanage on Saturday and ended up in goal yet again.

They were playing a game of footie and invited me to join them. So as not to embarrass them with my skills I decided to play in goal. I think I only let in six or seven, but to be honest stopped counting. The boys didn't seem to mind anyway. They are great bunch and very welcoming.

Playing footie in Lima with the Pacific roaring away in the background is what I call living. Unfortunately I forgot that the sun was also roaring away and I had not used any sunblock that morning, because usually I don't need it in Lima,so guess what? I got sunburnt! Nothing serious but a bit of a pain in the neck. Well more on my head to be honest.

No-one here abouts is bald, so my bald head is a source of interest to the boys, and it was one of them who pointed out to me the error of my ways. I had a cap in my bag so was able to protect myself from the worst of the high noon sun.

After the footie was over I sat down for a rest and found myself doing an impromptu English class and the ones who didn't do English were happy to do some drawing for me.

A very pleasant day was had byu all.

More soon. Need to go to bed, early start tomorrow, at least 9 am.

No comments: