Saturday, October 24, 2009

Manana me toca a mi

Cabaret was suberb. Brilliant singing, dancing and acting.

I first heard the expression me toca a mi used in La Policia de la Familia in Cusco. Fernando taught me. Those of you who have been paying attention will remember him. If not you can go back and read all about him now. One day I will go and find him and see how his life turned out.

He used it when we played games and it means my turn next or my go etc and is commonly used. Its the phrase used to translate "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" in Cabaret. It was powerful stuff. Gave me that feeling of dread and fear. I couldn't applaud thsat little number, but the crowd did. Hopefully for the right reasons.

The actress playing the Sally Bowles part was terrific. She's called Rossana Fernandez Maldonado. Her version of Cabaret matches Liza.

I see Edinburgh had its own fascists in town this week. Hope you all went along to give him a suitable welcome.

More later all being well.

No comments: