Friday, October 23, 2009

Caberet

Tonight I'm going to the theatre to see Caberet in Spanish. I've not spoken a word of English since I arrived back in Lima so writing this blog is a major achievement. My Spanish is much improved but still need people to speak a little slower.

But thats ok for most folk here.

Taxi drivers are very talkative for the most part. This week one of them decided to play me some bagpipe music which he just happened to have in his mp3 player. I don't know if he expected me to burst into song or not, but anyway I resisted that temptation. He then asked if it would be ok to go and pick up his wife along the way. So we did and she was very pleasant and gave me a chocolate. Saye he will visit me next year.

Last year, and stop me if I told you this one before, a taxi driver in Cusco was playing Buffalo Soldier while we drove along. This year we had a repeat performance. I don't know if he remembered me or not, probably not. But it was nice all the same. Another popular little number with cusco taximen is Emotional Rescue.

Last week I went for lunch to my lawyer friends Fernando's house as he was home from Cusco for a few days. Met his family and hopefully one day he will visit me in Edinburgh. Thanks Fernando. Hope you are still trying to read my blog.

No comments: