Tuesday, October 06, 2009

John Lennon

I was coming back to Miraflores the other day in a taxi when I saw this statue and thought to myself he looks kind of familiar. Turns out ot be John Lennon who apparently is very popular in these parts. They commemorate his death every year with a wee festival of some kind. Musical I guess.

It makes a nice change to recognise someone on a plinth in a foreign country. Its in a nice wee park by the Pacific, a very pleasant setting for a Beatle.

I couldn't stop to have a proper look but will go back to see it and take some photos for you all. Its about time Edinburgh had his statue some where, maybe in the parliament would be about right.

3 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

John Lennon eh?
So it isn't all good down there then.

Donald Maciver said...

Hi Wicked Messenger, Bob liked him so thats good enough for me. But I welcome all commemnts and seeing as you seem to be my only commentator since your old man retired, I guess I just have to be happy with any comment at all. Take care up there in the colonies, cheers an drasda bhalaich.

neilandelaine said...

the old man was relying on the bhoy for sensible comments and he hasn't let me down. Vladimir Illyich we're almost with you but John? really as my sainted aunt might have said