Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Scans and Things

There's an American family called the Kardashians you may have heard of. I always thought that they were an invented family from some American soap opera or comic strip, but I was mistaken. These people do actually exist. Or at least so says Peter Conrad in his Radio 4 series Twenty First Century Mythologies. Unless of course Peter is having us all on. Apparently one of these sisters, for they appear to be a family mostly made up of sisters, is married to a millionaire American pop star,capitalist/ businessman. Life is indeed strange. I can recommend the programmes though, which take their inspiration from Roland Barthes' essays Mythologies. 

I hope you've all been watching Grayson Perry : Who Are You? One of the best things on TV. Tonight is the last episode, so don't miss it.

This afternoon I'm going to see the film Mr Turner so looking forward to that. Will let you know how it goes.

I'm in a state of nervous exhaustion as I wait for my scan tomorrow afternoon and then a wait of a week to be told the results at my appointment with Mr Speake. Hard to know how I feel. Sometimes quietly confident and then at other times just a trifle worried if not terrified. Hopefully Mr Turner will take my mind of it.

All for now. Must rush.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don - it is a show, the people are real. And they do absolutely nothing for society. Complete rubbish.