Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Scan Results

This will be brief. I've had my scan results from Mr Speake and it could not be much worse. There are multiple bilateral new pulmonary nodules highly suggestive of metastases. Which basically means I have cancer in both lungs and lots of it. It's not operable. The team will discuss my situation tomorrow and I will be told whether or not they will be able to give me any treatment, e.g. more chemotherapy.

So that's it. I'm off out now to think about things but looks as if I need to decide how best to spend my remaining time here with you all 

I will write more once my thoughts are clearer. 

6 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

Call me.

x

Anne said...

Sorry to hear this Don. If you are in the Centre on monday I will see you then xxx

Unknown said...

So sorry Don. Let me know if there's anything at all I can do. Speak soon, Colin

Donald Maciver said...

Hi K didn't get chance to call tonight, CA was here and your mum and dad earlier. Will call you tomorrow sometime. Thanks Colin keep in touch. Thanks Anne, I won't be at centre on Monday, could you call or text me tomorrow please.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Don. I hope you can keep the positive in front of you and take each moment as it comes.

peace the noo

Smodaig said...

'S droch naidheachd dhà-riribh, a Dhomhnaill. Bha thu a' coimhead cho falainn aig a' chlas sgrìobhaidh feasgar Diluain, mar sin tha e na bu dùiliche dhomh sin a' creidsinn, ged a tha lann fhios 'm gu bheil e fìor.
Cuiridh mi fòn thugad a-màireach. Is b'urrainn dhomh tighinn a-null gu Morningside feasgar a-màireach airson greiseag ann an tacsi airson stùpag ann an àite far a bheil cèic no sgonaichean càise blàsda aca.
Co-dhiù a ghràidh, Tha mi a'smaoinneachadh ort is a'dèanabh ùrnaidh dhut. Le gaol, Sx