Saturday, September 01, 2012

TEMPEST

A new Dylan album is always an important event in all our lives. One still gets that thrill of anticipation waiting for the first listen that one just does not get with any other artiste.

And I feel even more excited than normal waiting for his latest, which will be released in about ten days time. The man is over 70 now and no sign of him hanging up his guitar and putting his feet up. For which one can only feel truly grateful not to say inspired.

Reason for this post right now is that I've just seen the album being  reviewed on BBC2 and Paul Morley almost wetting himself with excitement as he couldn't wait to tell us all how brilliant it is. As good as Blood on the Tracks or even Blonde on Blonde he said. Which is high praise indeed.

In fact all the reviewers were ecstatic about it. Morley also called Bob a psychedelic historian, whatever one of them may be, it sounds like fun anyway. I hope that's how it's spelt, it's a long time since I've had to use that word.

It's a double album, like Blonde on Blonde, for those of you who remember such pleasures. One song, about the Titanic is said to be 45 verses long, but I think what's her name was probably exaggerating, just a little. Also has Bob's tribute song to his friend John Lennon, which for me is enough on its own to warrant the wait.

So all in all I'm even more excited than normal waiting the big event. As I will be in Peru at the time of its release I think I shall have to buy it from iTunes, and get the cd when I get back to UK. Await further reports on here asap.

No comments: