Sunday, May 09, 2010

Tupac Inca Yupanqui

I met my friend Elena today when I was out for lunch. Elena used to work for Maximo Nivel and was the person who introduced me to La Policia de la Familia all these years ago. She taught me a lot about Peru and Cusco. She is a wee gem. Has done lots of work for kids in these parts and stiil does.

She is also an artist of some distinction. She left Maximo Nivel a couple of years ago to concentrate on her art. She has now opened a gallery and cultural centre here in Cusco.

I´ve added a link to the website on here in case anyone is interested. Bits are in English though most is in Spanish.

There´s an exhibition opening on Thursday night and I´ve been invited to go along. There will be wine and music and song. And maybe even some food.

No comments: