Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Artworks

Yesterday I visited my friend Luis' flat/studio near San Blas, or should I say above San Blas. Magnificent views of Cusco from his place. Nearly as good as my views of the Pentlands.

I was so inspired that I invested in some artwork. Luis will be famous some day soon, I'm sure, so I will be rich. He has exhibited in lots of South American countries and has won lots of prizes. He currently has an exhibition in Lima but unfortunately it will have moved on by time I'm back there.

A lovely chap and been really good to me since I arrived.

Busy time this week as its my last few days in Cusco so not much time for writing.

Have lots of pictures on my Facebook account. Sounds wierd but there you have it.

4 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

Speaking of investing in artwork, do you remember buying a painting with Angus up in Inverness area? It was a watercolour of Skye?

Anyway, I have it now. Its by a lady called Molly Parkin, remember her?

Cheers,

Yer pal.

Donald Maciver said...

Yes I remember that. We bought it in Plockton and met the artist. Glad you got something. He liked it a lot. Can't remember how much it cost though. what happended to the car???? no luck there I take it.

The Wicked Messenger said...

Happy days indeed.

I was emailing the artist to and fro a month or so ago and she remembers you guys, I'll forward you the email. She was delighted to hear my wee story and see the painting again as she never kept any for herself.

The car got punted last week so no luck on that front, will email you in 5 or so.

Molly Parkin was cool to talk with though, made it a nice lil adventure you know?

Peace the noo

Donald Maciver said...

You can't beat a little adventure from time to time. I'm thinking about having one myself here in Lima. The para gliders fly past my apartment as they head out over the Pacific and back over the city, every day, all day.It looks thrilling but I don't know if I have the bottle for it. Keep thinking go for it, but then go do something else. Anyway I'm sure A would be pleased you got the painting. xxx