Friday, May 07, 2010

Spanish Lessons

Started my classes here in Maximo Nivel on Tuesday. After taking the test Jimmy put me in the advanced class. Very flattering but had more to do with the fact that they didn't have an intermediate class in the mornings and I couldn't do an afternoon class because of my commitment to Elim.

I did four days of advanced Spanish and I didn't let the side down. However it was a bit too much for me though I was quite impressed with how much I knew and how well I coped. But I knew there were gaps which needed filling as it were. Fortunately there's an intermediate class starting on Monday morning so I'm switching to that.

My teacher this week was called Esther and next we it's going to be Dante. I had a classmate this week from Oxford called Christina, and like all Christinas she was lovely. We had a good mix of nationalities, including Canada, Holland, USA and England of course. And Scotland of course.

Stayed up very late last night, 12 pm, to watch the results coming in. By time I got in it was 8 pm here and 2 pm UK time, so things were well underway. It was odd watching Dimbleby and Paxo, sitting here in my flat in Peru. Couldn't phone my wee bro to let him know what I thought, not that there was any great excitement to call about. And who let that guy whats his name, Tory chairman, tax dodger, on to the BBC? Have we no standards at all now? Just think what we could do with all the tax he didn't pay? And then there's Zak Goldsmith another tax dodger. God help us all, with that lot in charge. Absolutely no morals. Two faced thieving bastards. And Clegg wants to help them?

But at least Griffin didn't get elected. I was very pleased to see old Hodge do well there.

We got all the BBC coverage and it was still ongoing when I got up at seven o'clock.

2 comments:

The Wicked Messenger said...

Nice one.

Scotland is still red for what it's worth so don't be too down hearted sir.

You know I've never heard your Spanish. Not surprising though I suppose. I've heard your Hamlet and Bragg but never your Spanish.

Oh well.

Viva la Quince Brigada!

Donald Maciver said...

Hamlet and Bragg, ehh,well my Spanish comes on nicely. Security guy at my apartment complex asked me if I was from Costa Rica, so I guess they speak Spanish with a Scottish accent there. Think I will visit soon. I hope to go there or Guatemala soonish. Hope all well in Kentucky, and ta for your comments, hope to see your dad write on here soon too, otherwise will have to send clegg round to sort him out, cheers an drasda a bhallaich xxx