Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cristina Inn

My apartment is a short walk from Plaza de Armas and just along from the police station. There are usually two cops hanging about with their AK47s or whatever. I don't know if I feel safer or less safe with them there. They all seem so young to be hanging about with their guns slung over their shoulders. I walk quickly by and try not to look, it feels more sinister at night somehow.

I really like my apartment, especially as its so close to everything I need and only a 20 minute walk to MN every morning for my Spanish class,where Mabel is usually waiting for me, or sometimes me for her. The walk is just whatthe doctor ordered for my BPand fortunately downhill all the way.

I've added a link to the site for the guy who owns the apartments.Its in an old colonial house which has belonged to his family since they arrived in Cusco in 17... and buil the place. They also own an hotel in Ave el Sol.

I'm paying $200 per week which seems like a good deal. The cheeky bugger agreed $200 and then when I went alongto the hotel to pay him,in cash,as requested,he tried to up it to $250. I resisted his advances,which was a bit easier as he had just told me that his father or his uncle or some one I'm sure never to see, had let the flat out for next week but had forgotten to mark it up.

So the end result is that he has offered me a week in their hotel at no extra cost, breakfast etc included. I would prefer not to have to move, but he's agreed to help me move on Saturady morning and then moveme back on the following Saturday. Do you reckon I should make him pay for the taxi?

And the hotel is called Cristina Inn or Hostal Cristina,which I rather like.

No comments: