Saturday, September 27, 2008

Coca Cafe with Claudia

I moved to my new hotel this morning and am very pleased with it. Nice big double room with shower etc and staff are suberb. The receptionist is called Sandra and looks after me a treat. Am looking forward to my stay here over the next week. Sorry to leave my apartment but will be back there next Saturday. His father came to help me move this morning. He has one of the apartments in the house and seems like a decent cove. He gave me a lift in his car. His driving leaves a lot to be desired.

I was out with Claudia on Thursday night. We had dinner in Granja Heidi, a rather nice wee restaurant in San Blas. I like Claudia a lot and we chatted for over 3 hours. Its nice to chat in two languages, though her English is far superior to my Spanish.

She took me to the Coca Cafe where we had mate de coca as it should be made. It tasted very sweet to me. The owner, Cristo or Christo, came over to chat and explained that all was well with my mate as it was made with all natural ingredients. He only uses unrefined cane sugar and he brought some over for me to try. Will go back there, even if it is at the top of a hill in San Blas.

Claudia and I are meeting up again next Thursday. I am so pleased to have got to know her over past couple of years, she is a very special person. I will ask her if I can put her photo on my blog.

No comments: