Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pathology

I notice that I've not given any updates on the condition that my condition is in recently so thought I would write an update in this post on things so far.
good. The tumour is out and no cancer left behind. There is a margin of healthy tissue all round where the tumour was removed which is what he was concerned to get. The cancer was at an advanced stage and the thing now is to make sure it does not come back so will need more chemo which I was expecting anyway and regular three monthly CT scans for some time.

Mr Speake says he achieved all he set out to achieve and he is happy with the result and so am I. It was a mighty relief when he came to give me that news as I'd been worried for a few days about getting my report. Just one more step along the road of recovery. He reckons that I should be able to go home early next week. 

The main problem now is getting the right  balance of pain relief. On Tuesday  I was given so much that I spent the whole day zonked out and asleep and it's been not much different since. I think I slept through Gordon's visit on Tuesday. Sorry about that Gordon and thanks for staying and warching me sleep. I still don't have the right balance. In fact I've fallen asleep a few times while writing this post this morning so if it's patchy that's why.   

I continue with the patch on my back for pain relief though it's now been reduced In strength from 50 to 37 and will go down to 25 in two days and so on down until I have no more patch. It's the tablets called Gabapentin that have to be controlled or changed to another tablet. 

No comments: